Notice of Funding Availability
2018 Emergency Solutions Grant Application (ESG)
Applications for the 2018 ESG program are now available and due by May 23, 2018.
The expected amount is for the 2018 ESG is $1.5 million.
Announcements of ESG awards will not be made until after 2018 ESG funding is available to KHRC.
The Emergency Solutions Grants Program (ESG) is a federal block grant authorized by subtitle B of the McKinney Vento Homelessness Assistance Act and is administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. ESG amounts are to be used for services to homeless and near homeless individuals and families in these major categories:
- Renovation, major rehabilitation or conversion of buildings for use as emergency shelter facilities
- Payment of certain expenses related to operating emergency shelter facility
- Provision of essential services related to emergency shelters and street outreach for the homeless
- Provision of rapid re-housing assistance
- Development and implementation of homelessness prevention activities
For 2018, The ESG grant period will be for twelve (12) months, July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019. HMIS funds will be capped at 1.5% of the total amount of ESG funds awarded. All shelters must complete the ESG Shelter Habitability Checklist with the 2018 application.
This application requires that you certify that if awarded a 2018 ESG grant, your agency and your sub recipient agencies are in compliance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR part 200.