Kansas Housing Resource Corporation is currently seeking a Physical Inspector Trainee, this position will:
- Be responsible to complete the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) certification training and begin conducting inspections within the REAC inspection protocol within six months of hire.
- Conduct physical inspections of Tax Credit, Tax Credit Assistance (TCAP), Credit Exchange (CE), Bond, HOME, and Housing Trust Fund programs.
- Conduct other inspections via Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) and/or Housing Quality Standards (HQS) as required.
- Use and maintain proficiency with physical inspection software on a computer tablet.
- Manage electronic correspondence with owners and/or management agents.
- Review and respond to physical inspection responses and incorporate into standard reports.
- Provide technical assistance to owners, management agents and/or property staff on physical inspections completed.
- Attend training seminars for owners, management agents, and property staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic/working knowledge of construction and/or building maintenance.
- Ability to attain REAC Inspector status based on the availability of training forums and final test proctors.
- Ability to learn and apply physical inspection procedures using Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) and/or Housing Quality Standards (HQS) protocols.
- Ability to learn and apply specific regulations of the Tax Credit, Bond, HOME, and Housing Trust Fund programs (IRC Section 42 and 24 CFR Part 92).
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret federal and state rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret, organize, coordinate, and present information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and private officials, co-workers and the general public.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and PCs in general; proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Research abilities and analytical skills.
- Time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with various deadlines.
- Detailed oriented, punctual, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
We offer an attractive benefit package, which includes Paid Time Off (PTO), holiday pay, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a retirement plan. We also offer tuition assistance after 6 months of employment.
Starting pay for this position is $21.07 hourly. Upon successful completion of the REAC certification training within 6 months, hourly pay will increase to $23.18. To apply please visit our website at www.kshousingcorp.org, click on the “Job Opportunities” tab located under “About Us” and complete the application for employment along with submitting a resume to DJohnson@kshousingcorp.org
Kansas Housing Resource Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.