Kansas Housing Resources Corporation is currently seeking a Staff Accountant, this position will:
- Processes all cash receipts, which includes preparing bank deposits and supporting documentation and transfers and/or approvals for grant funds.
- Monitors daily cash activity for reasonableness and overall accuracy including recording bank transactions and receivables as needed.
- Sets up new grant projects, vendors, and budgets in Project Cost as needed.
- Prepares monthly grant status reports, which includes reconciling grant balances to the federal draw sheets, Project Cost, and general ledger balances for distribution. Also, submits the HOME Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) reporting.
- Processes HOME program income and recaptured funds transactions in IDIS and periodically prepares and circulate internally a report on current balances.
- Reviews sub-recipient single audit reports downloaded from the Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC) website and determines whether a management decision needs to be issued if they have there are relevant findings. Drafts management decisions and other correspondence for Chief Financial Officer (CFO) approval; issues approved management decisions and other correspondence; maintain organization-wide sub-recipient single audit report GP database tracking.
- Completes grant sub-recipient audit confirmation requests.
- Maintains, monitors, and reviews accounts payable and receivable subsidiary ledgers.
- Bills federal programs monthly by grant year/funding source for administrative cost reimbursement and invoices other accounts receivable items; perform inter-fund transfers and updates and reconciles inter-fund transfer schedule.
- Performs program match accounting and audit (e.g., for HOME, ESG, and HMIS).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. A combination of education and experience may be accepted as determined relevant by KHRC.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and methods.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Working knowledge of the principles and applications of data processing systems in accounting and finance operations; ability to understand software systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and PCs in general; proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to use calculators, personal computers, and various software applications.
- Ability to detect and reconcile discrepancies in financial records.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and detailed financial records and reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and take corrective action.
- Ability to problem solve and handle a variety of variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work with a variety of individuals.
We offer an attractive benefit package, which includes Paid Time Off (PTO), holiday pay, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a retirement plan. We also offer tuition assistance after 6 months of employment. Starting pay for this position is $23.18 depending upon experience.
To apply please visit our website at www.kshousingcorp.org, click on the “Job Opportunities” tab located under “About Us” and complete the application for employment along with submitting a resume to DJohnson@kshousingcorp.org
Kansas Housing Resource Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.